Monday, October 25, 2010

NaNoWriMo


Okay. I signed up for Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) today. I will attempt to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November.


It's official.

I'm crazy.

BUT...I'm someone who needs deadlines and pressure from a website to complete a goal. I've had this idea for a novel for years. I've written outlines and scenes and it's time to bring it all together. In one month. Yeesh.

So...next Monday I will become a bit of a hermit and social outcast as I attempt to squeeze every ounce of spare time into writing time.


My worst enemy? Self-doubt and T.V. I must avoid both if I am to complete this goal. However, watching North and South (yes, again) and going to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows does not count.

Anyone else wanna go for it? Let's do it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to be!! It actually isn't nearly as time consuming as I thought it would be. And it sounds like you're a lot more prepared than I was last year.

    Also, you need to link your email address to your blogger account so people can reply directly to your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband did it last year. He made it!

    ReplyDelete