Sunday, October 24, 2010

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

**For the one other person who hasn't read this book...I'm very spoilerish and kinda jumbled in this review...***


Finished yesterday. Ugh. Really?! Sirius dies??? I really liked Sirius. I liked that Harry had someone who cared about him like a son. Someone who had a connection with his parents.

Lame.

One of my favorite quotes came from Ginny:
"The thing about growing up with Fred and George is that you sort of start thinking that anything's possible if you've got enough nerve" (655).

I like that Ginny.

I liked the beginning of the book with Harry's trial and learning more about Sirius and the Order, but it got a tad tedious with Umbridge. I just got so frustrated that NO ONE believes Harry. Ever. Argh!

The scene where Harry finds the mirror Sirius gave him made me cry. I don't know. I could just feel Harry's sadness. Rowling did a great job of showing how he felt without overdoing it.
Started Half-Blood Prince last night. Now, I saw the movie and I know another major death is coming up...not looking forward to that. But I also remember something about love potions and laughing quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment