Thursday, August 26, 2010

HPBC Meeting Has Been Called to Order (sweet potato fries, that is...)





Last night was our first Harry Potter Book Club meeting. Amy, Becky, and I gathered to discuss books 1-3. So what did we talk about whilst eating burgers and fries? Plenty. We talked about our favorite characters so far, Rowling's cleverness, and the fact that I never should have gone to see Half-Blood Prince before reading the books. It was peer pressure I tell you!

What I I love about these books is that it doesn't take a lot of effort to believe in this magical world of wizards. Of course this world exists. No question. I love the twists and the surprise endings. I love learning more about Harry's parents. I love the friendships. Rowling has created such a fascinating story with interesting characters. My friends tell me the character development only gets better. I'm looking forward to it. And to more sweet potato fries as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment