Thursday, August 12, 2010

Book Club

* Update: Today I sadly returned the Harry Potter tapes sans tape number 6. The very sweet librarian (we talked about how she used to play the accordian) asked my daughter if she had hidden the tape somewhere. I told her it was all me and that I couldn't blame my children for this one (that might have been less shamefull...grown-ups should not lose cassette tapes).
"I'll just pay the fine." I'm pretty sure my eye twitched as I said this. When she asked me if I would be paying with check or cash, I answered "debit". But apparently, if you've lost a TAPE CASSETTE you need to pay for it the old fashioned way--CASH!
Then she asked, "Are you sure you don't just wanna look again for the tape?"
"No, I need to wash my hands of this. I will go get cash. What time do you close?"
"In fifteen minutes."
"Right. I'll be back."

Luckily, my bank was next door. I made it just in time. It's done, it's over, I'm ready to move on!

In other news, I have officially joined the Harry Potter Book Club. There are only three members thus far. Of course, I am the only member reading the series for the first time. BUT I am already almost done with Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm winning. Just kidding. This isn't a race...(p.s. it kind of is). I'm also very excited that we will have our meetings at Betty Burgers. Talking about Harry over a Basic Betty Burger AND sweet potato fries--that is a win, win situation. No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment