Friday, November 5, 2010

Meeting Suzanne Collins

So last night I went to Hicklebee's Bookstore to meet Suzanne Collins and have her sign my copy of The Hunger Games. Well, she stamped it. She had a wrist guard on her right hand so she couldn't do any signing. She used a stamp that will be discontinued after this book tour. It's kinda cool--has a mockingjay next to her signature. Anyway, there were probably about 200 people crammed inside the bookshop. It was great though. I really didn't have to wait long. I wanted to say something cool and perhaps intelligent in the 3.5 seconds I had to interact with her, but the only thing that came out was, "How are you? Thanks for coming." What I really wanted to say was, "You're pretty much awesome and I wanna be you when I grow up!" I was really hoping for a little Q&A session, but no such luck. She read from both Catching Fire and Mockingjay. Loved every minute of it.
(p.s. always do your hair...even if they say you won't be aloud to take posed pictures with the author)

Okay, I was not prepared to hear her read in southern accent. She referred to it as a futuristic Appalachian accent. Very interesting.


I really like this bookstore...I will have to revisit with the kiddos.




One of the best things about this bookstore is what's written on the walls. And that would be tons of author's signatures and drawings. Very cool. These are from the bathroom :)




No comments:

Post a Comment