Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Wonder by J.R. Palacio



Oh, my. I so loved this book. 
What a heartwarming,  sweet, sometimes funny, sometimes sad, often inspiring story. 
Ten year old August Pullman was born with a severe facial deformity.  Due to his many surgeries and constant health concerns,  Auggie has always been home schooled.  So when his mom thinks it's time for him to go to a public school, he is shocked and extremely nervous. How will the kids treat him? Will he make any friends? Will this be a disaster of decision? 
The story is told from different perspectives and I really felt like I went on this emotional journey with Auggie and his friends and family. 
What a gem of a book I will always treasure. "Shall we make a new rule of life...always try to be a little kinder than is necessary? "
The Little White Bird
J.M.  Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment